Monday, June 16, 2008

Ding 70, now what PVP gear to upgrade next?

So late yesterday I finally dinged 70 while doing a little bit of questing in Shadowmoon Valley. I wanted to be close to the riding trainer to get the flying mount asap after the ding. After getting the flying mount I spent another hour collecting the newbie PVP armor available at 70 - The Stalker's Chain Battlegear. I didn't have the rep required for the breastplate (requires honored with the Keepers of Time).

So now my hunter has the following setup:

Ranged: Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer

Melee: Crystalforged War Axe

Head: Stalker's Chain Helm

Shoulder: Stalker's Chain Spaulders

Chest:  Sundered Chestpiece of the Bandit

Hands: Stalker's Chain Gauntlets

Bracers: Feathered Armbands

Waist: Girdle of Gale Force

Feet: Blood Knight Boots of the Bandit

Back: Delicate Green Poncho (of ugliness)

Ring 1: Warmaul Slayer's Band

Ring 2: Ogre Slayer's Band

Trinket 1: Insignia of the Horde (cheap one)

Trinket 2: Bladefist's Breadth

 

I feel pretty comfortable with my Destroyer to leave it for awhile. My biggest concern is which order to upgrade the gear. No way I am enchanting/gemming gear that soon will be replaced. I am going to get myself an epic flyer before plowing down that gold.

I am thinking of getting the improved insignia of the horde first but other than that I have no idea. I suppose it would be smart to upgrade non-pvp items first (boots, bracers, belt etc) before swapping out the Stalker's chain battlegear. If you have any good suggestions now is the time =)

1 comment:

Lassirra said...

My advice would be this: after looking around at possible upgrades (from instances, badges, what-have-you), determine which will be the biggest boost, and go after that first. Prioritize upgrades by how big a benefit the new piece(s) will provide.

If all the upgrades seem about equivalent in terms of how much they'll boost your stats, then prioritize them by how easy they will be for you to get, and then work down the list.

That's usually how I do things, anyway. :)