Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ding 66, Hello Kill Command!

My hunter dinged 66 earlier today while grinding away on those arakkoan birdmen in Terrokar forest. I need those feathers for Lower City rep. After a swift hearthstone and a portal jump to Thunderbluff the venerable hunter trainer awarded me with a new skill - Kill Command. (He also gave me a few ranks of aimed shot that I apparently had forgotten - I am such a noob).

Kill Command is interesting, for 75 mana you'll add around 127 pet damage every time you crit. I am sure it will affect my mana pool and at least do some magic in the DPS department. An interesting note is that Kill Command can crit, and there are BM talents that increases its crit ratio with 10%/20%. It also means that I need to update my hunter shot rotation macro to the following:

#showtooltip Auto Shot
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast [target=pettarget, exists] Kill command
/cast Steady Shot
/script UIErrorFrame:Clear()
This excellent macro was found on wowwiki.com, and they have plenty more of various hunter macros that are really useful.

I am getting ready to move on from Terrokar and into Nagrand soon. I just need to finish up the feather grind.

1 comment:

Cowlovah said...

I just dinged 66 with my hunter also :) I tried the macro you wrote but mine is a bit different,

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/castsequence reset=3 Auto shot, Steady shot
/cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command

But I dont really understand, should I spam this macro or, cuz I feel that im doing alot better without it, I have a bar that shows me when I get my autoshoot away, and I time my steady shoot with my autshot and press kill command when its ready, so I have all those 3 attacks, autoshot, steady shot and kill command on keybinds.