Friday, February 22, 2008

WOW on a MacBook - Get a good mouse!

apple2logo Last night I took my little hunter out for a trip to Darkshore. My goal - to tame a Ghost Saber. As he just turned 23 I thought it wouldn't be too hard, yet still a wee bit challenging if I would run into any alliance going hostile on me. I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to try out my MacBook. In could be interesting to know that I've pimped my MacBook to 4 GB of RAM.

The game flows very nice on the Mac although I've turned down the video settings a bit. It still looks good. The biggest problem though was the mouse. I have a wireless mighty mouse. Using the right mouse button is a pain. I died a few times due to my inability to maneuver correctly. I blame this mostly on myself being unused to how the mouse behaved - and not having all my usual mods installed. That's right. I played "naked". You quickly realize how important certain mods are for your playing experience. For example I use Bongos2 for a good actionbar layout.

wow_hunter_ghostsaber

In the end I got my new Ghost Saber and headed back to Ashenvale. To my disappointment, I was never bothered by any alliance. In fact the area felt very desolate. I did spot the Moonstalkers and I have to admit that they are probably the most cool looking cats in the game with their black and blue stripes. Damnit.

No comments: