Monday, February 25, 2008

PlayStation 3

playstation3 In an attempt to avoid putting up new wallpaper at home this weekend I asked my wife if she didn't want a PS3. To my surprise she was instantly happy and forgot all about the wallpapers. We rushed away to the store and bought a PS3 system together with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and SingStar...

So far I've been very impressed with the PS3. Uncharted is incredible beautiful and runs excellent. The gameplay - while heavily inspired from Tomb Raider - very fun. I love both the jump puzzles and the gun battles. I am a bit rusty when it comes to using the PS controls to run around as I am much more used to mouse & keyboard.

Installing the PS3 was very easy and it detected my network without any hassles. The PlayStation Store is not as impressive as the XBOX marketplace but I've downloaded quite a few demos and movies already.

I need faster broadband!

theclub I also tried the demo of The Club, a FPS (First Person Shooter) game I was looking forward to play. It was not my kind of game... very arcadish and the controls nowhere near what I expected. I know I am still very fresh to playing FPS on the consoles so it might change. I am still going to check out the Club for PC as soon as a demo appears on steam.

No comments: