Thursday, August 16, 2007

Advantages and disadvantages of alts in PVP

For the last couple of weeks I've been focusing alot on my little sidekick warrior. I am having a blast. In PVE I have somewhat hard of running certain quests that I know was easy as pie with my rogue... in PVP I am learning that the warrior is all about offence. There is no room to hesitate or play cautiously. When it comes to rogue PVP you often have a lot of tricks that allows you to reset the fight, restealth and escape. Vanish, Blind, Sprint etc.. so many opportunities to really change the fight. Where as a warrior your options are much more limited. (Let me remind you that my warrior recently dinged 42 so not all talents/skills are available yet I assume somethings change when you have all the goodies such as spell reflect etc). My tactics as a warrior is usually based around charging in as quick as possible to get first strike and then land a hamstring before starting to seriously pound the target. I am also switching stances like crazy. I must to defeat warlocks or priests. A rend is worth gold against rogues... but a well timed Thunder Clap or Demoralizing shout is worth even more... A rogue affected by a TC/DC often behave like a deer staring down the headlights of an onrushing car.

Anyway my real issue is that after playing my warrior I am loosing alot of rogue reflexes. I assume this goes for all players going with two or more characters. If they aren't the same class they risk loosing that edge (which I am sure doesn't really impact PVE at all).

However you do gain a lot of insight into other classes which is invaluable... I would strongly suggest to seriously try to play any class that you find is a bitch to fight against with your main. My personal arch-enemy is the shadow-priest. Granted I haven't encountered that many of them the last couple of months.. but back in the days they were my nightmare.

3 comments:

Tauhid Chappell said...

Ahh I have a level 32 low pally alt (horde too). My first BG at 29 I forgot who I was and just ran into the middle of battle and starting melee'ing people. I realized I was doing horrible dps and I ran outta mana real quick..

I also found out everyone turned on me once they saw me and burned me down so fast..I kept forgeting that paladins were a huge threat in a fight...I forgot I was support class and just healed people `.`

Mana Battery Bitch said...

What, really? That surprises me, considering as a shadow priest I feel utterly helpless when in the hands of a rogue. If they sneak up on me, I can't even do anything, I'm dead before I can even push a button!

Tell me what they do to you so I can pick up some tricks, eh? :)

alibaba said...

★★★I know how to get wow gold without farming. Click my name above and get the home. lol~