Monday, September 15, 2008

001 Painspike | The Backstabber

WoWScrnShot_042308_122242 In order to mix up the battleground focused PVP of my dear hunter. I've started a new rogue. There are a few classes I return to again and again... rogues are one of those. I can't get enough of them. Insane DPS and lots of neat tricks that makes everyone else look bland. In addition the female Blood Elf stealth pose is amazingly cool...

I know that most players recommend rogues to go down the combat tree during leveling. I've done so myself in the past but with Painspike I am focusing on daggers. The results so far are awesome. I kill most mobs in few steps - it feels much faster compared to combat swords. However my rogue is just level 23 at the moment so it might change later on.

Mind you I have not twinked the character at all beyond the use of Heavy sharpening stones (+4 damage). Going combat would have allowed uninterrupted sinister strikes until death - very little finesse and very boring. Although combat comes with stronger defense if when things go wrong - especially with blade flurry and Adrenaline Rush.

Painspike is currently 23 and just finished with Ghostlands. Hillsbrad will be her new home - usually ample of opportunity to practice world PVP. Her current talent spec is 10/2/2 - I am currently filling up subtlety talents for increased burst damage. Painspike's armory profile is here.

No comments: